BAER Brake Systems has signed on as the Official Brake System of the X275 series for 2011. BAER will be paying contingency at 10 select events throughout the coming season. BAER well recognized as an authority in road racing brakes and components has specifically designed new DRAG SPEC systems targeted at the X275 class and the growing number of very heavy (over 3,200-lb) and extremely fast cars in similar classes.
BAER’s offering is targeted at withstanding repeated braking and delivering low maintenance to these heavyweight competitors. Where competitive systems are often designed for much lighter cars, competitor’s enthusiasm for Drag Radial and X275 cars at 3200 lbs or more and speeds in excess of 150-mph catalyzed a safety and durability need that was not being competitively addressed. New Baer Claw® SS4+ DRAG SPEC front or rear systems now provide the proper solution.
Twin rear S4 calipers and 11” ventilated rotors make up
Baer’s SS4+ DRAG SPEC Staging Brake
which is configured to package inside 15” dual bead lock wheels
BAER is a committed global leader in high performance brake components. Products are designed to bring properly engineered solutions to the track or the road that are safe, reliable and proven. BAER customers should expect excellent customer service and support, before, during, and after purchase. Our mission is to deliver innovative, long lasting, and defect free answers; our goal is to exceed your expectations.
The X275 Drag Radial Series is pleased to have BAER Braking Systems on board for the 2011 season. BAER will pay $100 in contingency to each race winner and $50 in contingency for the runner up position if using a Baer logo caliper front or rear.
Qualifying is simple:
- - Be equipped with either front or rear with a Baer caliper that has the BAER logo and CLAW icon.
- - Place the Baer contingency decal on both front fenders (2-total), behind the front bumper and in front of the door.
- - Register to become eligible for Baer contingency payouts online at www.baer.com. The process is easy and requires a publicity release and three digital photos; (1) driver and car; (2) front brake showing Baer caliper or other; (3) rear brake showing Baer caliper or other. Photos of both front and rear brakes need to be included, however contingency only requires Baer logo caliper be used on one axle front or rear (please note; no additional payout of contingency is made for having both front and rear).
- - Baer will mail decals to those who pre-register and decals will also be available at the races.
BAER has also stepped up by joining in the King of X275 Challenge providing a DRAG SPEC SS4+ front or rear kit to the Overall Winner or $500 in cash contingency if they are already BAER Equipped! For additional questions please contact Rick Elam, Drag Program Director and Technical Sales by phone at: 602-233-1411.
The contingency program will be available at the following events:
- – The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia SGMP: 2/25 – 2/27
- – Rockingham Civil Wars North Carolina: 4/8 – 4/10
- – Piedmont Ultimate Outlaws North Carolina: 5/28
- – Milan Ultimate Outlaws Michigan: 6/11
- – MIR East Coast Door Wars Maryland: 7/30
- – Yellow Bullet Nationals Cecil County Maryland: 9/2 – 9/4
- – MIR Ultimate Outlaws Maryland: 9/17
- – Rockingham Civil Wars North Carolina: 9/23 – 9/25
- – Radial Revolution SGMP: 10/21 – 10/23
- – Snowbird Nationals Bradenton Florida: 12/2 – 12/4
- – A set of front brakes or cash for the Overall King of 275 that will be crowned at the October SGMP Race
Rear SS4+ DRAG SPEC kits are available with single or dual Staging Brake (shown). Both employ the billet aluminum dual caliper mount which is also serves as bearing retainer for 9” style axles. This allows direct upgrade from single rear kits ($675) to dual with the same bracket (dual kit $995).